Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Design Trend: Double Exposure

Like most people, I've recently discovered and become obsessed with the HBO show, True Detective. But my love affair began with the mesmerizing opening credits by Elastic production studio. The sequence shows double exposure photos of landscapes captured in silhouetted human forms. Visual metaphors at their best. Now I'm seeing double exposures everywhere:




The work of photographer Dan Mountford has been on my radar for a while. This image in particular is a favorite.




And most recently spotted, this advert for PS4's Thief on 4th Avenue in Brooklyn. Not quite the same level of design-sophistication, but it does speak to the strength of the double exposure trend.


Look for more double exposure coming to YA shelves near you ...

2 comments:

  1. Very cool images! I've always liked this effect. I hadn't seen these before as I've not watched any True Detective yet (though everyone seems to be raving about it so I really must!). I'll definitely have to check out the opening credit sequence and also more of Dan Mountford's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. niceee blog Maria

    and i used Double exposure style in book cover i was created it if u like chec out this go to : https://www.behance.net/gallery/19546955/Mirror-Face-Book-Cover

    ReplyDelete